Cecily turned two months old yesterday!
We celebrated by going to our favorite, semi-local coffee shop (Kean) and bakery (SusieCakes) for macchiatos and frosted sugar cookies, picking up a couple items on super sale from BabyGap with a gift card, trying to get a photo of Momma and Cecily where Cecily wasn't pissed that there was a camera in her face, and picking up a Christmas tree (finally).
It was a somewhat exhausting, but fun, day. I love hanging out with my little family. We're the best.
At Cecily's last doctor's appointment (six weeks), she was in the 75th percentile for height and weight. She was 22" tall and weighed ten pounds and eight ounces. She definitely feels heavier than that now! It's amazing that she's already doubled in weight since we brought her home from the hospital!!
We're getting Cecily's acid reflux under control with the help of Prilosec. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Prilosec!!! You're expensive, but my little girl is so much happier with you in her life! Totally worth it.
Cecily still sleeps A LOT - maybe about 18 hours a day (I don't record this though, so I could be exaggerating a lot). She eats about 8-10 times a day and only nurses for about 5-10 minutes (she's a fast eater like her momma!). Cecily naps off and on out in the living room with us in the evenings, nursing frequently in between. She goes to "bed" around 11:00 or midnight and sleeps anywhere from 6-8 hours then wakes up, eats, and sleeps for another 3-4 hours. It's pretty wonderful. She still sleeps swaddled (aden + anais are THE BEST swaddling blankets) and has been sleeping in her crib next to our bed since we brought her home from the hospital. She's also really good at putting herself to sleep at bedtime now. She always falls asleep nursing then wakes up while I swaddle her. When we put her in her crib, she's wide awake and smiling. Sometimes she stays awake for up to 45 minutes talking, turning her head from side to side, and looking at things. Usually, she falls asleep in about 15 minutes. She isn't as good at putting herself to sleep for naps during the day and sometimes will only nap in Momma's arms.
At two months, Cecily:
• LOVES music. Brahms Lullaby is her favorite, especially sung by Momma with her special words. She also loves the lullaby version of "I See the Light" from Tangled. If she's freaking out, I can turn it on, and it usually silences her. I call it the baby charming song. We listen to it on repeat all night long. It's pretty much the soundtrack to my life right now.
• really enjoys getting out of the house and going on adventures (like to the grocery store and Target - oh my!) but also really enjoys coming home.
• no longer screams bloody murder in her car seat... for the most part.
• loves her mylicol drops (we call them candy drops).
• also likes chamomile tea, which she takes with Momma in the evening.
• is happiest on her changing pad, even her travel changing pad (this is nice when we're out to eat). She can lay on that thing for about an hour, happy as a clam.
• is working REALLY hard on sucking her thumb. She tries to get it in her mouth every day.
• finally took a didi (pacifier) for the first time a couple days ago. I only give it to her if she's screaming because she really doesn't like it all that much. Sometimes she spits it out and tries to get her thumb in her mouth instead. She still frequently gags when I put the didi in her mouth. Same goes for bottles. She's exclusively breastfed at this point (no bottles except for her tea).
• LOVES having her head back. In her Moby wrap, Momma has to carry it for her. This was also her favorite position in the womb.
• loves Momma's kisses and is starting to "kiss" back (she opens her mouth).
• gets really distracted by Daddy and loves to see what he's up to (this is nice when she accompanies him in the kitchen in her rocker seat while he makes his coffee or cooks dinner).
• enjoys FaceTiming with Daddy while he's at work. She recognizes his face and voice and smiles at him. Cutest thing.
Cecily's nicknames at two months:
(short for Cecily)
I love the personality that I'm starting to see emerge. Cecily is independent but really enjoys cuddling. She's sometimes easy going and sometimes very demanding. She smiles a lot. She has strong likes and dislikes already. And she's happiest when the three of us are all together. Levi and I are absolutely in love with her and genuinely enjoy being her Momma and Daddy.