I have by no means had an easy pregnancy so far. I spent the first two months in bed 24 hours a day (literally in bed all day/all night) feeling pretty miserable and unable to do anything. I could only eat a few bites of food at a time, and I ended up losing ten pounds right off the bat. At 11 weeks, my doctor ordered an IV for hydration and a Reglan (anti-nausea meds) pump for me to have at home. Fortunately, the insurance company took so long to approve this (like 2.5 weeks) that I didn't need it anymore by the time they gave us the go-ahead (this didn't stop them from sending all the supplies to my house... hydration drip, anyone??). We also found out that I have hyper-thyroidism at 11 weeks (I've been pretty sure I was hyper-thyroid for a few years now... just never had the health insurance to do anything about it until now).
Of course, it could have been/could be much much worse, but it certainly hasn't been smooth sailing so far. Honestly, I'm kind of terrified of ever doing this again, and I've asked Levi to please be okay with having only one child just in case I never get my nerve up again. Anyway, now that I'm starting to feel a bit better (still waiting for this so-called second trimester energy peak everyone's always talking about...), I wanted to make a list of things I have loved and things I have hated about being pregnant. I'll try to keep my hate list brief. ;)
Things I Hate:
1. No Boar's Head cracked pepper turkey sandwiches or bleu cheese.
2. Constipation (sorry, but it's true).
3. Eating. Most food completely grosses me out now, and I rarely want to eat.
4. Gross smells.
5. I'm sure I could come up with lots of other stuff, but let's get to the positive side now.
Things I Love:
1. Crying at everything all the time. You know how sometimes it just feel SO GOOD to cry? That's how pregnancy crying feels to me. Every day.
2. Getting to see our baby via ultrasound. I've never thought an ultrasound of a baby was so cute until now.
3. Good smells! Even though a hyper-heightened sense of smell makes lots of things stink, good-smelling things smell sooooo good now - my mint chocolate deep conditioning treatment, for example.
4. My boobs!!! They're HUGE!
5. Knowing that even when I'm doing absolutely nothing, I'm still growing a human being. So even if it doesn't look like I'm being productive, I really really am!
6. Having health insurance!
7. Shopping for baby things.
I'm sure I'll have lots more to add to my love list in the coming weeks, but that's what I've got for now!
What do you/did you love about being pregnant? If you've never been pregnant, what do you look forward to the most? (Besides the baby...)