last night, i was craving watermelon salad sooooo bad.
i love watermelon salad. it's so refreshing and yummy. and summery... even though we still have about a month to go 'til summer.
so i indulged my craving and whipped up a quick watermelon salad for dinner.
this is not the prettiest picture... i took it a few bites in...
salt & pepper
1. chop watermelon and arugula into small, bite size pieces.
2. if it isn't pre-crumbled, crumble the feta cheese.
3. mix watermelon, arugula, and feta in a bowl. i like to have more watermelon than arugula or cheese.
4. in a separate bowl, mix about a tablespoon of honey with 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (it depends on how much salad you're making). blend together, whisking with a fork.
5. season with salt and pepper, add a splash or so of olive oil. mix again.
6. drizzle the dressing over watermelon salad.
i love the nutty bite of the arugula and tanginess of the feta cheese mixed with the sweetness of the watermelon. and i love how the watermelon absorbs the dressing. it's such a light, refreshing, easy thing to make for dinner or as a side dish!